Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Savoy Cabbage Parcels

See Hear > wrote:
: Very Savoury and cheap as chips.
: Portion sizes? - Impossible to say.

: 8 Ounces Cheap Beef Mince.
: 2 Ounces Chopped Onion.
: A clove of Garlic, if liked.
: a Beef Stock Cube - say - an OXO cube.
: An Ounce of grated Carrot.
: 8 Large outer leaves of crisp Savoy Cabbage.
: Cauliflower Florets, blanched and chopped finely.
: Some Butter.

: Blanch the WHOLE Cabbage Leaves until lightly softened but NOT cooked.
: (You could also use Spring Greens for this recipe)
: Refresh them in cold water.

just a elpful hint on preparing stuffed cabbages form an old hand at it.
There are two quick methods for softeneing the cabbage leaves without
fussing with the burnt fingers form all that boiling water.

1- you can freeze the head of cabbage , then defrosting it and the leaves
will be soft.

1-(my preferred method) Microwave teh head until the outer leaves are
soft. If you need more leaves, microwave the head again until the then
outerleaves are soft, etc. I find this much quicker adn esier than the
boiling water method.

Wendy