levelwave

Default aluminum cook were

Peter Aitken wrote:

> This notion has been thoroughly disproven.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's been disproven... Only science has
failed to prove it... Here's something I found on the Alzheimer's
Association of America's website...

The following points summarize some of the conflicting findings about
aluminum and Alzheimer’s disease:

• Aluminum is known to be toxic to the nervous system, but its effects
differ from those of Alzheimer’s disease.
• Some studies show elevated aluminum levels in the Alzheimer brain, but
others do not. These studies include both “bulk” investigations
measuring amounts of aluminum by weight and advanced analysis using
laser microprobes.
• There is some evidence that in laboratory cultures of nerve cells,
aluminum promotes aggregation of the protein fragment beta-amyloid into
the amyloid plaques that are a hallmark Alzheimer abnormality. However,
efforts to correlate aluminum levels with plaque density in people with
Alzheimer’s have been inconclusive.
• Research has failed to document a clear elevation of Alzheimer risk in
individuals with occupational exposure to aluminum.
• Studies finding the most consistent link have examined elevated levels
of aluminum in drinking water and increased incidence of Alzheimer’s.
However, there is no evidence that Alzheimer’s disease is more prevalent
in cultures that traditionally drink large amounts of tea, even though
tea is one of the few plants whose leaves accumulate large amounts of
aluminum that may leach into the brewed beverage.

just food for thought... err I guess I should say "lack of thought"

~john

--
What was it like to see - the face of your own stability - suddenly look
away...