Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Pat[_1_] Pat[_1_] is offline

Default Red Rose Tea

lubarsky wrote:
> Betty.
>
> I have noticed pretty much the same thing about Red Rose tea.
> Right now I am drinking Tetley British Blend (with lemon and sugar) when
> I am not drinking the good Chinese tea. I consider tea with lemon and sugar
> a "comfort food" even though Swee-Touch-Nee tea was all I ever has for
> years.
>
> WEL

I've had the same experience with Red Rose. I thought it was just me.
I drank it for years, because it always made a strong, flavorful cup.
But lately it does seem to be pretty lifeless. I agree with you about
Tetley British Blend. I stocked up on it the last time my local
supermarket had it on sale. I don't like it as much as the Indian teas
like Taj Mahal, but it is ideal for brewing a single cup - not too
strong, not too weak. Lately this is what I've been drinking all the
time at work.