Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default kibbeh (was: Casserole-like suggestions for a potluck

Leila wrote:
> Woops - the kibbeh recipe quoted above is the deep-fried version. I
> call deep-fried anything labor intensive. Here's my version, baked in a
> shallow dish:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...88cd8d 1bc0f3
>
> At a Lebanese party you might see kibbeh served THREE ways - raw (yes,
> raw), fried in balls or football shapes, and baked in a tray and cut
> into diamonds or rectangles. The baked version is considered more
> "homestyle" but I like it because it's healthier and less trouble.
>
> Leila

I've just saved off your recipe and instructions for future reference.

My meat grinder came with a kibbeh attachment, I've never figured out
how to use it. It looks like it would extrude a meat/bulgur paste tube
that you would cut into lengths and fill with a spiced meatball mix and
seal the ends.

In your recipe, do you cut all the way thru the layers before baking, or
just mark the top layer? When do you cut them, after they cool? Are
they served in the baking pan? Doesn't the bottom get soggy?

Thanks,
Bob