Posted to alt.food.wine
Ian Hoare Ian Hoare is offline

Default Sauvignon blanc

Salut/Hi Daisy,

le/on Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:42:15 +1300, tu disais/you said:-

>Please tell me what is sauv.blanc called in France?

In France wines are mainly named by the region in which they are grown, the
trick therefore is to know which regions grow Sauvignon Blanc and Gris

Mike is right that Sancerre and Pouilly sur loire (where they call it
Pouilly-Fumé because of the smoky flint-like smell it can have).

But he didn't mention that Bergerac and Bordeaux whites also have mainly SBs
as well.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare