Julia Altshuler

Default Cook books

Darrell Grainger wrote:

> How about donating them to a local library system? I just moved into a new
> place. As I unpacked my books I realized I never use some of them so I put
> them in a box and will drop them off at a local library when I get a
> chance.

This is a good idea. Remember, however, that your local library will
sell your books at their next Friends of the Library book sale. They
won't put them on the library shelves to circulate. (There are
complicated reasons for why this is so. There are also exceptions so
don't nitpick.) I like the idea of donating to the library because the
library makes a few needed dollars, and the books land in the hands of
someone who will appreciate them.

--Lia