Posted to alt.food.diabetic
ankalime[_1_] ankalime[_1_] is offline

Default New way for cooking eggplant

"Flora" > wrote in message
> Nicky wrote:
>> It's a Moroccan idea - you can make them yourself by packing lemons and
>> salt in a jar, leaving it a few weeks, then rinsing the brine off before
>> you use it. It makes the lemons less astringent and a little bit spicy,
>> somehow - and has big advantages nutritionally, because you eat the rind
>> and all. I use it often, for a little bit of lemon in all kinds of
>> savoury dishes.
>>
>> Nicky.
>>

> I do it to limes as well as lemons. Nothing better in guacamole than
> preserved lime.
>
> Flora

These both sound great. I googled for preserved lemon recipes and came up
with a million recipes for chicken tagine with olives and preserved lemon
(which I think someone mentioned in another post). My husband doesn't like
olives though, so I'm going to try it without. We both love spicy dishes and
the recipes I've looked at look like they'd be easy on the blood glucose, if
I leave out the rice for myself.

Cindy