Posted to rec.food.cooking
djs0302 djs0302 is offline

Default Chocolate Chip Cookies

eddie527 wrote:
> Does anyone have good recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies? Whenever I
> try to bake them, they go flat. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Without knowing the recipe you're using it's hard to come up with
anything specific. Are you using shortening, butter, margarine, or
vegetable oil spread? Shortening will give you the puffiest cookies
and vegetable oil spread will give you the flattest. I personally
prefer using butter. If you're using shortening or butter and your
cookies are spreading out too much I would try chilling the dough in
the refrigerator before baking the cookies.