Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default crock pot recipes

Hi Ria,

Awesome :-) I love my crockpot!

You can make chili or stews in them, or even roast beef - I would
suggest the Company's Coming Slow-Cooker book as well. Slow cooker
roast beef is so good - basically it's onions, beef broth, and a roast.
I usually use this combo for stews: potatoes, carrots, mushrooms,
onions, meat, green peppers and beef/chicken broth or canned tomatoes.

You can also convert non-crockpot recipes for the crockpot. The trick
is to learn how much water to use. We have a 2.5 qt crockpot and I
rarely add more than a cup of liquid to it. For example, I slow-cooked
a "gem" ham and cabbage together; there is slow-cooker lasanga,
although I haven't tried it; and if you feel up to it, you can make a
litres of cider or hot chocolate as well :-)

If you Google for recipes, you will definitely find lots :-)

HTH,
Christine