Old 27-01-2006, 09:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Ria

Default crock pot recipes

Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
soup.

Old 27-01-2006, 09:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

Ria wrote:
Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
soup.

Do they have crock pots in Europe? Maybe you could get crockpot
recipes from Europe. -aem

Old 27-01-2006, 09:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
PickyJaz

Ria wrote:
Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
soup.

When I first got my crockpot, and because the topic was not current
here, I just went to Google and typed in crockpot+recipes to find over
1500 onine places to look through. Each recipe I tried was at least
okay, to being extremely good. This link of same may work, otherwise
just use the plus sign to try and Google for it yourself:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=crockpot%2Brecipes

PickyPicks

Old 27-01-2006, 10:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
marg

I have just run across a website About.com and I get recipe suggestions
via e-mail. Got one today for crock pot bread pudding and it sounded
really good. Try this website, I've gotten some pretty good recipes
this way. Let me know what you think.

Old 27-01-2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi Ria,

Awesome :-) I love my crockpot!

You can make chili or stews in them, or even roast beef - I would
suggest the Company's Coming Slow-Cooker book as well. Slow cooker
roast beef is so good - basically it's onions, beef broth, and a roast.
I usually use this combo for stews: potatoes, carrots, mushrooms,
onions, meat, green peppers and beef/chicken broth or canned tomatoes.

You can also convert non-crockpot recipes for the crockpot. The trick
is to learn how much water to use. We have a 2.5 qt crockpot and I
rarely add more than a cup of liquid to it. For example, I slow-cooked
a "gem" ham and cabbage together; there is slow-cooker lasanga,
although I haven't tried it; and if you feel up to it, you can make a
litres of cider or hot chocolate as well :-)

If you Google for recipes, you will definitely find lots :-)

HTH,
Christine

Old 27-01-2006, 11:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
jake

aem wrote:

Ria wrote:

Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
soup.

Do they have crock pots in Europe?

I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend who
bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one person
household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire it. i'll
just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I still think
they are good invention.

Old 27-01-2006, 11:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"jake" wrote in message
. nl...
aem wrote:

Ria wrote:

Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes
but
soup.

Do they have crock pots in Europe?

I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend
who bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one
person household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire
it. i'll just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I
still think they are good invention.

Here in UK they are available everywhere

Old 27-01-2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
"Ria" wrote:

Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
soup.

Well, it's what a crock pot is most suited for. :-)

Stews and pot roasts work well also.

Take a quart of chicken stock, pour it in then dump in 1 cup of pearl
barley so it covers the bottom.

(in crock pots, I always "stack" it so the stuff that takes the longest
to cook is at the bottom)

Lay in a layer of sliced onions
a layer of 1" chunks of carrot
a layer of sliced or chunked potatoes

A large chunk of beef or well trimmed pork.

Top it with slivered garlic cloves, black pepper,
a bit of rosemary, thyme and basil, and 1 bay leaf.

Start on high until the liquid begins to simmer.

Turn it down to low and let cook for about 5 to 6 hours.

The meat will pretty much fall apart. :-)
You can remove the meat to a platter very carefully, then mix
up the veggies and barley to serve on the side.

Goes well with either corn bread or buttermilk buscuits.

You can also add chicken hindquarters or split breasts
in place of pork or beef.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 28-01-2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

"One Pot" Dinner

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1/2 pound ground beef - (to 1 lb)
3/4 pound bacon -- cut small pieces
1 cup chopped onion
2 cans pork and beans - (31 oz ea)
1 can kidney beans - (16 oz) -- drained
1 can butter limas - (16 oz) -- drained
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash freshly-ground black pepper

Brown ground beef in skillet; drain off fat and put beef in crockpot.
Brown bacon and onions; drain off fat. Add bacon, onions and remaining
ingredients to crockpot. Stir together well.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 9 hours.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"10-13-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2414 Calories; 168g Fat (62.5%
calories from fat); 109g Protein; 119g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber;
289mg Cholesterol; 10431mg Sodium. Exchanges: 14 Lean Meat; 2 1/2
Vegetable; 24 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Recipe originally from a Rival cookbook

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Old 28-01-2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

All Day Crock Pot Delight

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 pounds boneless chuck - (to 3 lbs) -- cut 1" cubes
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1 onion -- sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove -- minced
2 cup beer
1/4 cup flour

Coat beef cubes with the 1/2 cup flour. Brown in melted butter. Drain
off excess fat.
In crock pot, combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and
beer. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 7 hours (all day) until meat is tender.
Turn control to HIGH. Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount
of
water. Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 30 to 40 minutes. Serve
with
rice and a salad.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-04-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 247 Calories; 12g Fat (48.4%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 31mg
Cholesterol; 657mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 2
1/2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Apple And Brown Sugar Corned Beef

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 corned beef brisket
1 quart apple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
8 small red potatoes
2 medium carrots -- pared, and
cut into chunks
1 onion -- peeled, and
cut into eighths
1/2 cabbage head -- cut into chunks

Place all ingredients in a large crock pot (cut meat in half if
necessary); stir to mix. Cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 8
10 hours.
Remove meat and vegetables and some of the cooking liquid. Slice meat
thinly across the grain. Serve with vegetables and some of the liquid.
This recipe yields 6 servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-04-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 295 Calories; 1g Fat (4.0%
calories
from fat); 5g Protein; 69g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 3mg
Cholesterol; 80mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2
Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bacon-Cheese Dip

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

16 slices bacon -- diced, fried,
and drained
2 packages cream cheese - (8 oz ea) -- softened, cubed
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup half-and-half
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash hot sauce

Put all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on LOW, stirring
occasionally until cheese melts, about 1 hour. Taste and adjust
seasonings, add bacon, and keep on low to serve.
Serve with cubed or sliced French bread.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-08-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2414 Calories; 200g Fat (74.7%
calories from fat); 144g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
560mg Cholesterol; 5600mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 20 1/2
Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 27 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Barbecued Spareribs California Style

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

5 pounds spareribs -- cut 2-rib pieces
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 garlic cloves -- minced
1 dash hot pepper sauce -- or
1 dash liquid smoke flavoring

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange ribs on rack in baking pan. Brown
in oven for 15 minutes on each side. Drain and put in slow cooker.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover and cook on LOW
for 6 to 10 hours or on HIGH 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
This recipe yields 4 servings.

Source:
"Downloaded from WWW"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-03-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1061 Calories; 83g Fat (71.2%
calories from fat); 61g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
274mg Cholesterol; 685mg Sodium. Exchanges: 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 0
Vegetable;
12 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Caramel-Apple Nachos

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2/3 cup brown sugar - (packed)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups apple juice or apple cider
2 pounds cooking apples -- peeled, cored, and
cut into 1/2" thick slices - (6 cups)
1 tablespoon margarine or butter -- cut up
1 carton vanilla yogurt - (8 oz)
1/4 cup chopped -- toasted pecans
=== CINNAMON TORTILLA CRISPS ===
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 flour tortillas - (7" to 8" dia)

In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker, stir together brown sugar,
granulated sugar, tapioca and cinnamon. Stir in apple juice. Add apple
slices and margarine; stir to mix.
Cover; cook on LOW-heat setting 6 to 7 hours or HIGH-heat setting 3 to 3
1/2 hours.
To serve, divide apples and syrup among 8 dessert dishes. Top each
serving with vanilla yogurt and pecans. Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla
Crisps.
For the Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps: In a bowl, combine granulated sugar
and
ground cinnamon. Cut the flour tortillas into 8 wedges each. (Or, cut 3
(6-inch) corn tortillas into 6 wedges each.) Lightly spray wedges with
nonstick vegetable oil coating. Place wedges in a single layer on an
ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 12
minutes or until crisp. (Or, bake corn tortillas about 8 minutes.)
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Comments: Nachos get a sugar-and-spice twist. The apple mixture is
served with cinnamon-spiced tortilla crisps. Top it all off with vanilla
yogurt and toasted pecans -- yum."

Source:
"Susan Wolfe on the www.eclix.net Food BB"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"11-30-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 34 Calories; trace Fat (0.4%
calories from fat); trace Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; trace Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Fat; 1/2
Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Recipe originally from "Better Homes and Gardens New
Flavors From Your Crockery Cooker"

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Crock pot recipes Jay General Cooking 9 03-10-2008 10:37 PM
Crock Pot Recipes ? TODD TAMANEND CLARK Mexican Cooking 22 11-11-2005 11:21 PM
Crock Pot Recipes ? TODD TAMANEND CLARK General Cooking 23 11-11-2005 11:21 PM
Low Carb Crock Pot Recipes Kat Newsgroups General Cooking 12 14-03-2005 09:41 PM
summer crock pot recipes??? SPOONS General Cooking 4 11-06-2004 02:32 AM