Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

Default New way for cooking eggplant

Forgive me for posting the obvious, if you've known this all along - but
I've just found the easiest, quickest and most delicious way to cook
eggplant (aubergines).

All you do is to cook the whole eggplant on a gas flame, turning it until
the skin is blackened all over and the eggplant has shrunk a little. Pop it
into a bag and let it steam until it's cool enough to handle; pull the
blackened skin off with your fingers.

The whole process takes only about 5 minutes, and you're left with lovely,
smoky flesh. I've been mixing it with a little preserved lemon, for a
low-carb, low-fat, high taste meal.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004