Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

Default REQ: Beef Chuck Cross Rib Roast

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I just bought one of these at Costco that weights in at just under four
> pounds. Does anyone have a recipe that turns this into a fork-tender cut? I
> know I could make pot roast with it, but that's not what I want.

> Wayne Boatwright տլ

I'd never heard of this beef cut prior to this post but a brief search
took me to the Cook's Thesaurus and this is what they have to say:

"cross rib roast = cross rib pot roast = Boston cut = English cut roast
= English roast = thick rib roast = bread and butter cut = beef chuck
cross rib pot roast Notes: If boneless, this is sometimes called an
English roll. This makes a fine pot roast, but it's too tough to roast
with dry heat."

It seems per Sheldon's recommendation that braising would be your best
bet. Kev