Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Deb

Default Dreamfields pasta

Because carbs in any form are what raises blood sugar not just the carbs
from sugar. The diabetic community has been trying to get that idea across
to manufacturers and its only recently started to happen. All those years of
foods being touted as diabetic safe because something was sugar free while
most of it was still high carb misled many diabetics into thinking they
could safely eat all they wanted and many are now paying the price for that
misleading advertising. They should sue those manufacturers.

I get the impression you are not a diabetic. I wrote the maker of
Dreamfields just before they started selling it in the US and asked about
it. They stressed its merits in the context of it not raising BG. They did
not say anything about it working for weight loss. They tell you they have a
way that blocks the carbs impact on BG. That would not necessarily have the
same impact on weight loss as it would BG.