Posted to rec.food.baking
King's Crown

Default Birthday Cake report

> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/usenetlyn/my_photos
>
> Let me know if you still can't see it. Two shots - about the same.
>
> -L.

Very cute! You did a really good job. I bet everyone loved eating it....
after saying "It's too pretty to eat."

Have you tried making Chocolate Clay for decorating. I find it fun to work
with. In the summer sometimes transporting a cake some where can be
tricking, because of the possible melting problems.

Lynne

Chocolate Modeling Clay
You can choose to either mold or munch on this unusual recipe. For sticky
and sweet sculptures, shape the chocolate clay into animals, people, cars,
or any toy your heart desires.

For delicious pastry decorations, form the clay into leaves, flowers,
baskets, and vines-they make great cake toppers!

Ingredients: 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

1/3 cup light corn syrup

Instructions:
1)In a shallow medium bowl, melt the chocolate without heating it above
100°F. This may be done by placing the bowl of chocolate over another bowl
that contains hot-but not boiling-water.

2)Once the chocolate has melted, add the corn syrup. Using a rubber spatula,
stir and fold the mixture, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl well,
until no shiny syrup is visible and the mixture forms a thick ball. Do not
overmix.

3)Turn the clay out onto a sheet of waxed paper. Using the rubber spatula,
pat it into a 7-inch square. Let it sit uncovered at room temperature until
firm, about 2 hours. Use the clay at once, or store in an airtight container
at room temperature for up to one month.