Posted to rec.food.sourdough
PDX-Blogger

Default the traditional Italian sourdough starter " madre"

Try this: http://ciaoitalia.com/recipe14June2000.html

€A couple of month ago , I had Panettone from Italy that was so
€great~!!!

€and I could not forget the taste of it.

€so I made my mind to make my own Panettone.

€finally I found a recipe that seems good.

€but the thing is the recipe requires mother yeast called "madre" which
€the recipe does not say.

€I started to find the recipe for "madre".but i could not find any
€recipes at all.

€Does anyone know how to make it?

€I heard it takes up to 20 days, and it is based on
€fruits.........that's all I know.

€If I make Panettone with the traditional Italian sourdough starter "
€madre",

€I will send him or her (who let me know how to make it) the Panettone
€I made.

€Fedex does go anywhere in the world.

€ I promise.