Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Default Msg from our own Damsel

Ophelia wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>> "Could you post to the group that my
>>> posts aren't being propagated by Google? I've made several posts
>>> today (or yesterday - whatever), and non have shown up. I lost huge
>>> hunks of my system to a hacker, so I don't have any other way of
>>> posting right now."
>>>
>>> Poor lamb she is very down about it. Do send her nice vibes and
>>> thoughts please
>>>

>>> Ophelia

>> Nice vibes and thoughts and here's a tip... run A/V software and also
>> firewall (I use Macafee) and Ad-Aware (freeware) and also Spyware
>> Doctor
>> (minimul fee). Run scans on a regular basis. Keep up with what is
>> going on
>> with your PC. I'm rather lax about backups but my 2006 resolution is
>> to get
>> back on track with those.

> Yep! We run our computers from an old one used as a server and I also
> run Ad-aware and Spyware Doctor

A message to Damsel & Crash... don't run a PC as a server unless you have
something commercially licencend to be accessed. By this I mean people
paying to access the server for a legitimately licenced product.

Don't give away movies, music, etc. You can be prosecuted for such
activities. A guy in Memphis a couple of months ago was hit with a lawsuit
for using his PC as a server to allow people to d/l music freebies to the
tune of several million dollars. It's not worth it.

Jill