Eric d'Entremont

Default Pizza baking

Question: ---"I have been making my own pizzas for a while know, but do not
understand why some recipes say to let the dough rise twice? Why is it ?
Answer ------The reason for this is two fold... Without seeing the recipe I
assume that you kneaded the dough twice as well therefore you have to let
the gluten relax again, as well as letting the yeast work it's
magic

Question -----Also, I can achieve a very good thin crust pizza base, by
rolling it out, but cannot get a good crust on it. Can anyone surgess some
thing?
Answer ------Again there's two very simple procedures that I use in order to
get a good crust after many attempts....
1) Use a "smokin" oven ( 450 degree F)
2) Get a pizza stone, they're not expensive and heat
that stone in your "smokin" oven for about 30 mins before you add the raw
pizza to it..

I hope that these suggestions are of some use to you

Happy Eating

Eric