Posted to rec.food.baking
-L.

Default 2-layer sheet cake?

wrote:
> -L. wrote:
> > Is it structurally possible to make a double layer sheet cake from two
> > 9X13 cakes? Any tips on how to transfer the second layer without it
> > falling apart in the process?
> >
> > TIA!
> > -L.

> The ideas given are all good but why not just put your first cake on
> what ever you are using as a cake board/plate, ice the top of it and
> then dump the 2nd cake directly from the pan on top of the first, after
> leveling off the top of the 2nd cake. This is the way most people
> would do a 2 layer cake of any size/shape.
>
> Oleta

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. My biggest fear when I dump or
flip it is that it will break apart. Guess I just need a little
practice. I will be making a cake that looks like the ocean and
then placing some 2" Nemo figures on it for my son's 2nd birthday. If
it turns out cute, I will post pics.
-L.