Louis Cohen

Default Baked Sweet potatoes, common in the south?

I don't know about the South, but here on Thanksgiving, they go into the BBQ
with the turkey when there is about an hour to go.

Or, slice the raw sweet potatoes into large steak-house type fries, brush
with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, and roast at 450-500° in the oven,
about 30 minutes, turning them halfway through.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Siobhan Perricone" > wrote in message
news
> I was just wondering if baked sweet potatoes are a common side dish in
> restaurants in the southern US.
>
> We just ate at a Longhorn Steak House (it's new in Burlington, VT) for
> lunch, it was nice enough. Decent ribeye that I didn't have to cook or
> clean up after. Anyway, one of the side choices is baked sweet potatoe and
> I wondered it that was a common thing in the south or an affectation.
>
> --
> Siobhan Perricone
> The actions taken by the New Hampshire Episcopalians are an affront to
> Christians everywhere. I am just thankful that the church's founder, Henry
> VIII, and his wife Catherine of Aragon, his wife Anne Boleyn, his wife
Jane