Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis

Default Chateauneuf du Pape 1998

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:48:51 +0100
Michael Pronay > wrote:

] Emery Davis > wrote:
]
] > ] "MaxMustermann" > wrote:
] > ]
] > ] > What do you guys about the above?
] > ]
] > ] What this sentence?
]
] > <g> He's outdone you Michael. You missed only one word (is)
] > whereas he's swallowed two: 'do' and 'think' I assume.
]
] If my count is right, he only swallowed one: "think". The "do" is
] there.

Right you are!

]
] > As an anglophone living in France I stand as always in awe of
] > your (meant widely) excellent command of written English.
]
] Thank you very much!
]
] > Max. '98 is widely regarded as an excellent vintage in CdP.
] >
] > [further explanations to the vintage snipped]
]
] And again that's the evidence that my command of the English
] language is nowhere where I would like to have it. I saw the
] posting as a question to the quality of a specific wine - which
] is impossible to answer given that Max stated no producer.
]

Maybe, but you write practically flawlessly. I only wish my
written French was as good. Speaking I do well enough with,
at least!

] Btw, "Max Mustermann" ist the dummy name for credit, bank and
] customer card ads in Austria.
]

Ah ha. There's a Max Mustermann posting on rec.gardens also.
I had assumed it was the same, but maybe not.

Yes in american it is John Doe. The Brits version I can't quite
think of just now. John Blood? Doesn't quite ring true.

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom