Kajikit

Default Baked Sweet potatoes, common in the south?

Katra saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all
about it on Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:37:32 -0600:

>In article >,
> " BOB" > wrote:
>
>> Katra wrote:

>> > http://homecooking.about.com/library...y/aa112497.htm

>> A quote from the article in the link Katra provided above:
>>
>> "The true yam is the tuber of a tropical vine (Dioscorea batatas) and is not
>> even distantly related to the sweet potato. Rarely found in US markets, the
>> yam
>> is a popular vegetable in Latin American and Caribbean markets, with over 150
>> varieties available worldwide. Generally sweeter than than the sweet potato,
>> this tuber can grow over seven feet in length. The word yam comes from
>> African
>> words njam, nyami, or djambi, meaning "to eat," and was first recorded in
>> America in 1676."
>>
>> I guess they're *not* "More likely yams."
>>
>> BOB

>Great article huh? ;-)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing Katra. I didn't know they were
different... I adore sweet potato I never put sugar, butter or
(ugh) marshmallows with it though - it's fine just by itself!
~Karen AKA Kajikit
Lover of shiny things...

Made as of 5 March 2004 - 36 cards, 22 SB pages (plus 2 small giftbooks), 35 decos

Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com