Posted to alt.food.wine
jcoulter

Default Seasons Greetings to all AFW contributors!

"st.helier" > wrote in
:

> As we here in the antipodes swelter in 33°C early summer temparatures
> with the accompanying 95% humidity, my thoughts go out to all you
> Northern hemispericans, freezing your collective butts.
>
> I shall spare a thought as I lay basking on the sands like a beached
> whale, enjoying the cooling waters of the South Pacific; partaking of
> an array of fresh shellfish (oysters, scallops, assorted clams); fish
> not 5 minutes from the ocean; cold meats; garden fresh salads and
> freshly harvested baby potatoes - all washed down (as appropriate)
> with either a crisp 2005 Marlborough Sauvignon; Central Otago Pinot
> Noir - or Champagne (I have a few bottles of Laurent Perrier Grand
> Siècle 'La Cuvée' - and a single bottle of LP Grand Siècle 1990
> Lumière du Millénaire for New Years Eve).
>
> To each and all regardless of your location, nationality or spiritual
> persuasions I wish you the very best for the festive season and a very
> prosperous, happy and healthy 2006.
>
> --
>
> Alexander Andrew St.Helier-Bourke
> (a.k.a. Lord St.Helier)

It seems that my travel plans for the New Year are once again not
including (though for no really good reason nor sufficient excuse) the
shores of New Zealand, but rather the tip of South America where the New
Year will find me in the Staits of Magellan. Perhaps next year the
allure of fresh mussels and crips Marlboro SB will finally persuade me
to deal with the interminable flight times to NZ.

So sunny skies and smooth waves to you.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations