Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier

Default Seasons Greetings to all AFW contributors!

As we here in the antipodes swelter in 33°C early summer temparatures with
the accompanying 95% humidity, my thoughts go out to all you Northern
hemispericans, freezing your collective butts.

I shall spare a thought as I lay basking on the sands like a beached whale,
enjoying the cooling waters of the South Pacific; partaking of an array of
fresh shellfish (oysters, scallops, assorted clams); fish not 5 minutes from
the ocean; cold meats; garden fresh salads and freshly harvested baby
potatoes - all washed down (as appropriate) with either a crisp 2005
Marlborough Sauvignon; Central Otago Pinot Noir - or Champagne (I have a
few bottles of Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle 'La Cuvée' - and a single
bottle of LP Grand Siècle 1990 Lumière du Millénaire for New Years Eve).

To each and all regardless of your location, nationality or spiritual
persuasions I wish you the very best for the festive season and a very
prosperous, happy and healthy 2006.

--

Alexander Andrew St.Helier-Bourke
(a.k.a. Lord St.Helier)

Posted to alt.food.wine
Mark Lipton

st.helier wrote:
<snip gloating as I regard the sub-arctic conditions outside my window>

> To each and all regardless of your location, nationality or spiritual
> persuasions I wish you the very best for the festive season and a very
> prosperous, happy and healthy 2006.

And to you and yours, milud. Jean and I will be passing o'erhead some
time on Dec. 31 en route to Singapore. Do give us a wave and think kind
thoughts if you happen to espy Singapore Airlines flight 15.

Mark Lipton
(hoping that the airline's wine list is decent)
Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier

"Mark Lipton" wrote ..............>
> And to you and yours, milud. Jean and I will be passing o'erhead some
> time on Dec. 31 en route to Singapore. Do give us a wave and think kind
> thoughts if you happen to espy Singapore Airlines flight 15.
>
> (hoping that the airline's wine list is decent)

Whoa - now that will be a "not-too-subtle" change in temperatures!

Actually Mark, I regard Singapore Airlines very highly. I have flown with
them several times to/from London [I can do Auckland/Heathrow in 26 hours
with one short stop in Singapore]

Not for a few years though so I cannot comment on their wine list - but both
their aircraft and service are first rate.

Regards to Jean and my namesake!

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine
jcoulter

"st.helier" > wrote in
:

> As we here in the antipodes swelter in 33°C early summer temparatures
> with the accompanying 95% humidity, my thoughts go out to all you
> Northern hemispericans, freezing your collective butts.
>
> I shall spare a thought as I lay basking on the sands like a beached
> whale, enjoying the cooling waters of the South Pacific; partaking of
> an array of fresh shellfish (oysters, scallops, assorted clams); fish
> not 5 minutes from the ocean; cold meats; garden fresh salads and
> freshly harvested baby potatoes - all washed down (as appropriate)
> with either a crisp 2005 Marlborough Sauvignon; Central Otago Pinot
> Noir - or Champagne (I have a few bottles of Laurent Perrier Grand
> Siècle 'La Cuvée' - and a single bottle of LP Grand Siècle 1990
> Lumière du Millénaire for New Years Eve).
>
> To each and all regardless of your location, nationality or spiritual
> persuasions I wish you the very best for the festive season and a very
> prosperous, happy and healthy 2006.
>
> --
>
> Alexander Andrew St.Helier-Bourke
> (a.k.a. Lord St.Helier)

It seems that my travel plans for the New Year are once again not
including (though for no really good reason nor sufficient excuse) the
shores of New Zealand, but rather the tip of South America where the New
Year will find me in the Staits of Magellan. Perhaps next year the
allure of fresh mussels and crips Marlboro SB will finally persuade me
to deal with the interminable flight times to NZ.

So sunny skies and smooth waves to you.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Posted to alt.food.wine

st.helier wrote:
> As we here in the antipodes swelter in 33°C early summer temparatures with
> the accompanying 95% humidity, my thoughts go out to all you Northern
> hemispericans, freezing your collective butts.

Hmm.... I'm not sure what it's like elsewhere in the Northern
Hemisphere, but here in central Arizona it's a balmy 72°F, or about
22°C.

Greg G.

Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:00:29 +1300
"st.helier" > wrote:

] the accompanying 95% humidity, my thoughts go out to all you Northern
] hemispericans, freezing your collective butts.
]

95% humidity? No thanks. Actually not too bad here right now, sunny
and 8C, nice and green.

Best for the holidays to all of AFW, and yer lawdship.

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW

It's right about freezing here, but I LIKE having some winter.
Happy Holidays All!

Posted to alt.food.wine
Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg

Yer Lardship---maybe 2006 will the year I'm well enuf to come to NZ---Mark,
I went to Singapore in 1968--had a great time-the food (every variation of
Chinese) & people great--of course I was coming from Saigon-fish sauce
capital of the orient--so it was like Nirvana, enjoy
"DaleW" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It's right about freezing here, but I LIKE having some winter.
> Happy Holidays All!

Posted to alt.food.wine
Dan The Man

This morning, it was a frosty 15 deg. F here in southeastern
Pennsylvania. I wouldn't mind, except last week's snow and ice just
won't go away!
This is life - Happy Holidays to all!

Dan-O (NZ sounds appealing, StH!)

Posted to alt.food.wine
Bruce Edwards

Dan The Man wrote:
> This morning, it was a frosty 15 deg. F here in southeastern
> Pennsylvania. I wouldn't mind, except last week's snow and ice just
> won't go away!
> This is life - Happy Holidays to all!
>
> Dan-O (NZ sounds appealing, StH!)

And the Napa Valley is ranging from the high 40's at night to the mid
60's in the daytime. Soaking wet, of course, but I can't complain.

Cherish your families, folks. Have a good holiday.

-Bruce

Posted to alt.food.wine
Tom S

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> As we here in the antipodes swelter in 33°C early summer temparatures with
> the accompanying 95% humidity, my thoughts go out to all you Northern
> hemispericans, freezing your collective butts.

That would not be I! It was 80°F here in Los Angeles yesterday, with RH @ ½
that. Christmas Day forecast is partly cloudy, 76°F high, 53°F low.

> I shall spare a thought as I lay basking on the sands like a beached
> whale, enjoying the cooling waters of the South Pacific; partaking of an
> array of fresh shellfish (oysters, scallops, assorted clams); fish not 5
> minutes from the ocean; cold meats; garden fresh salads and freshly
> harvested baby potatoes - all washed down (as appropriate) with either a
> crisp 2005 Marlborough Sauvignon; Central Otago Pinot Noir - or
> Champagne (I have a few bottles of Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle 'La
> uvée' - and a single bottle of LP Grand Siècle 1990 Lumière du
> Millénaire for New Years Eve).

Well that doesn't sound too bad, but no Christmas goose? ;^)

> To each and all regardless of your location, nationality or spiritual
> persuasions I wish you the very best for the festive season and a very
> prosperous, happy and healthy 2006.

I couldn't have said that better, Andrew. Same to you, yours and all the
rest of the AFWers! :^)

Tom S
www.chateauburbank.com

Posted to alt.food.wine
Anders Tørneskog

"st.helier" > skrev i melding
> As we here in the antipodes swelter in 33°C early summer temparatures with
> the accompanying 95% humidity, my thoughts go out to all you Northern
> hemispericans, freezing your collective butts.

Hi
Not exactly freezing, though it is -6C right now (21F) and a slight snow
cover of 10cm (4in) :-), we're preparing for the holidays. Traditionally, it
will be beer and aquavit, but I've a Costasera Amarone to go with reindeer
steak on Monday (no, relax, it is not Rudolph...).
Best greetings to you all, may the wine flow freely in the coming year and
may it be a peaceful and prosperous one for all!
Anders

Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 22:43:37 GMT, "Anders Tørneskog"
> wrote:

>"st.helier" > skrev i melding
>> As we here in the antipodes swelter in 33°C early summer temparatures with
>> the accompanying 95% humidity, my thoughts go out to all you Northern
>> hemispericans, freezing your collective butts.
>>

>Hi
>Not exactly freezing, though it is -6C right now (21F) and a slight snow
>cover of 10cm (4in) :-), we're preparing for the holidays. Traditionally, it
>will be beer and aquavit, but I've a Costasera Amarone to go with reindeer
>steak on Monday (no, relax, it is not Rudolph...).
>Best greetings to you all, may the wine flow freely in the coming year and
>may it be a peaceful and prosperous one for all!
>Anders

And, for those who might have missed me, I'm happy to report that I
moved into my new home in Texas this week--reunited with all my wordly
belongings and the remnants of a considerably depleted cellar which I
"liquidated" prior to moving from Colorado Springs. Will now have the
arduous task of buying more wine.

New ISP and now able to once again spend a bit of time each day
reviewing AFW and a couple of other newsgroups.

Best wishes to all, the merriest of Christmas's and hopes for a
peaceful and happy New Year. Prosit, skol, cheers, and all those other
toasts.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.wine
Mark Lipton

Good to see you back, Ed. The very best to you as well.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine
Timothy Hartley

Default Happy Christmas to all AFW contributors!

I too would like to join in the exchange of good wishes for a very
joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year, with pleanty of good bottles to
open both over the Feast and during the year to come

Timothy Hartley

Posted to alt.food.wine
e. winemonger

Cheers to all! Merry merry merry!