Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla Ballou

Default More budget gourmet (Chicken-Spinach Roulades)

In article <1Okpf.4955$vJ4.4660@trnddc07>,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> <Alan > wrote in message
> > Regular price where I shop in the Twin Cities is in the 2.75 - 3.00 range
> > (per pound). Organic would be more.
> >
> > Where do YOU shop?

> This is organic. I try to buy all organic foods. I bought it at Central
> Market. Their prices on many things are higher but they have a much larger
> selection of foods and in particular, foods with no additives. I go there
> because of my daughter's food allergies.
>
> 5 years ago or so, in the part of CA we were living in, non organic,
> boneless chicken breasts sold for around $9.00 a pound. For this reason, we
> didn't have chicken very often. I think one reason they got a away with
> selling it for so much was that it was a very popular meat. They had one
> entire meat case for just chicken. That's how popular it was.

I wait until the supermarket has a sale, and then I buy family packs of
boneless breasts for $1.99 a pound. I eat some and freeze the rest.
Since I got a George Foreman Grill I've been eating a lot more boneless
chicken breast. It makes it so tender and juicy! I've got some
marinating in rosemary lime vinaigrette for tonight.

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong