Rick & Cyndi

Default Big can of roasted red peppers - use for?

"tirilimbombom" > wrote in message
om...
: "Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message
: > I buy the huge cans of roasted red peppers and love them (no
vinegar). I
: > have only one recipe that I can use them for (using about 3
cups) and it
: > leaves me the rest of the can. I like these peppers so much,
but don't want
: > to try to freeze them, nor do I want to make double of the
recipe I do use
: > them in.
: >
: > Does anyone have a recipe for canned roasted red peppers that
would use up
: > at least 3 cups?
: >
: > Thanks so much.
:
: Hi Dee,
:
: This is my first time posting (been lurking for quite a while)
but
: seeing a topic about about roasted red peppers i just had to
delurk. I
: miss them so much - I'm from Bulgaria, where roasted red
peppers are
: pretty much a staple. I'm now living in Florida, pepperless
(only
: vinegared kind available).
:
: My favorite thing to do with roasted red peppers is to roll
them in
: flour, dip them into a beaten egg, then flour again, then egg
again,
: and fry on both sides until golden (I'm sure this process has a
name
: :-)). The result is delicious, especially if served with
crumbled feta
: cheese on top. It's essential that the red peppers have no
vinegar,
: otherwise one ends up with a very very nasty thing.
:
: I hope you try it - it's sooooo tasty :-)
:
: -ell

Hi Ell,

Welcome to the group.

Your pepper preparation sounds wonderful. I've never tried it
that way but will definitely be trying that sometime soon. Cool.

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>