Posted to rec.food.cooking
wff_ng_7

Default Source for carbon steel knives

"David" > wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get some carbon steel kitchen knives? I have
> one by Sabatier and I would like to get some more. I have tried Google
> but
> all I seem to get is "high carbon steel knives" which is not the same
> thing.
> I am in Canada so I would prefer a Canadian source so that I don't have to
> deal with customs.

I think the word to avoid is "stainless". I do a google search with "carbon
steel knives" (with the quotes for an exact phrase search), and I get plenty
of links, a lot of them with Sabatier mentioned.

Here are two stores I've dealt with over the years. La Cuisine seems to have
lower prices at first glance.

www.lacuisineus.com - look under slicing/dicing, French knives, Chef's
knife/French, carbon steel
www.pcd.com - look under cutlery, brands, Sabatier

Both sell Sabatier, but I don't think they are the same "Sabatier" company -
multiple companies use that name.

Unfortunately, both are located in the USA.

--
( #wff_ng_7# at #verizon# period #net# )