Posted to rec.food.cooking
marytews33@hot$$$mail.com

Default I froze the eggs

On 17 Dec 2005 22:44:46 -0800, "aem" > wrote:

wrote:
>> [snip]
>> My question, are these eggs still usable?

>Yes, definitely. The yolks may not stay intact after freezing and
>thawing, though.
>
>> Can I just hardboil all of them so they dont go to waste.

>You can, but you can also make omelets, scrambled eggs, or use them in
>other recipes.
>
>> If YES, can I just boil them while still frozen?

>Don't know about that. Why would you want to? Just stick 'em in the
>fridge.
>>
>> Or can I just unthaw them and use as normal?

>Pretty much, except for the yolk thing. -aem

Thanks for all that replied. I'll just stick them in the fridge.
They have been out on the counter for about 5 hours now so I think
they should be thawed. I sort of thought boiling them would be the
only way to save them, but I see I was wrong. Never froze eggs
before. I also froze some lettuce. I think thats history. The other
day the temps were mid 20's. This sudden drop caught me off guard.
I hate winter !!!!

Mary