Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Charles Gifford

Default Frijoles con Puerco, Estilo Yucateco

"CK" > wrote in message
oups.com...
"Pork and beans? This is NOT your boring, overly sweet and sticky
Campbell's pork and beans that comes in a can with a greasy chunk of
limp pork in every can. This is a main course."
_____________________

Some of us actually like the type of pork and beans that you refer to,
although in my case I prefer another brand. Your opinion may be interesting
in a different discussion, but your general codemnation of a food that many
others enjoy is a little presumptious.

CK also wrote:

"This recipe was made by the Mayans with wild boar which is still hunted
in the interior of Quintana Roo, <snip>"

This is impossible as "wild boar", meaning pork, pig, or the family Suidae,
are not native to the Americas.

Charlie