Julia Altshuler

Default Big can of roasted red peppers - use for?

Dee Randall wrote:

> Does anyone have a recipe for canned roasted red peppers that would use up
> at least 3 cups?

I've never tried this myself since I prefer fresh vegetables and live in
an area where I can buy fresh year round, but almost anything that's
canned makes a reasonable cream soup.

Saute a chopped onion in butter. Add another chopped vegetable such as
carrot if you like.

Rinse the peppers and puree them in a blender.

Add to the onion along with chicken or vegetable stock.

Bring to a boil. Then add and heat thoroughly cream or half and half.

Season with salt, white pepper, dried dill and tarragon.

You could also finish it off with a splash of champagne.

--Lia