Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester

Default Kitchen Oriented Christmas Gifts

~patches~ wrote:
> I'm looking at this logically when it comes to Christmas gifts for our
> kids since they all cook. It helps when I know what I like as far as
> equipment.

(gift descriptions snipped)

All of those sound useful and like things they wouldn't
necessarily buy for themselves.

I have also bought kitchen stuff (along with other personal stuff)
for my kids.

For DD, who has everything, a LeCreuset pottery beanpot which to me
looks much more like a great tureen for soups, stews, and chile. And a
subscription to Cook's Illustrated.

For DSIL, a wine handbook and a subscription to a beer brewing magazine.

For DS (he's the cook in the household) and his SO, a microplane grater,
a wine handbook, a LeCreuset fondue pot (on their wanted list), a Polish
pottery teapot with a wide variety of teas. A subscription to Cooking
Light and Cook's Illustrated. An instant-read thermometer.

LeCreuset is having a decent sale at their factory outlet stores but be
aware that if they sent you a 35% off coupon, it's only good on full
price merchandise. I believe they only send you the coupon if you have
bought something at one of the stores during the year. Doesn't make
sense to me, but WTH.

gloria p