Darrell Grainger

Default Turkish coffee

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Nexis wrote:

> There used to be a place in PB (Pacific Beach for the non-cali's) called
> skewers. They had good food, but had moved into a cursed building...it's
> gone through a half dozen businesses in as many years...but I digress. After
> a lively dinner of roasted garlic and artichoke hummus, falafel, and chicken
> skewers, the manager/owner offered us some Turkish coffee. It was served in
> small demitasse cups, was rich, sweet, and wonderfully tasty. Does anyone
> here make such a nectar and would you be willing to part with your
> method/recipe? I've been experimenting, but something is missing and I can't
> put my finger on it.

I've heard people here talk about Turkish coffee but never tried the stuff
myself. My boss knows the stuff but he is travelling right now and won't
be back in the country until end of March.

A quick search of the web and I found the following links:

http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/a...0/rec0002.html
http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/19991228.html
http://www.byegm.gov.tr/yayinlarimiz...998/Jan/N9.htm

The last two articles mention little things about the process of making
the coffee and how it is different from other coffees. Maybe it is how you
are making it and not what you are putting in it that is different. I
know from baking and making other types of coffee, technique is just as
important as ingredients. It can sometimes me more chemistry than
baking/cooking.

Hope that helps.

Don't send e-mail to