Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Default Ham Fried Rice?: (was: Serial ham)

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:47:58 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
>
>> Ham fried rice. Unbelievably delicious! Recipe available.

> Please? Oh, and assume I know *nothing* about making any form of
> fried rice. Because that's the case.
>
> I definitely need to know if I need long-grain rice for that. I
> basically have only Calrose and Jasmine rices on hand. And of course
> a rice cooker.

Long grain is best, Jasmine is fragrant but not necessary. Cook the rice
and then (Damsel will tell you it doesn't need to be chilled for stir fry
and she's right, but in Asian cultures it is day old cold rice)

Toss the meat/seafood and then veggies in a wok or deep stir fry skillet in
oil or fat; and sauces and toss it all together. At this point add the
cooked rice. Toss and cook and add soy sauce, mom used to do what they did
in Thailand and add 2 Tbs. tomato paste and more chicken stock. When it is
all hot, add a couple of scrambled eggs. Toss until the eggs are cooked
then plate the fried rice.

Jill