Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

Default Those freaking seasoned almonds

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' > looking for
>> trouble wrote in
>> :

>> > LOL!! Niece Sandy once lost a tin of Peanut Blossoms she'd hidden to
>> > keep them safe from her husband's enthusiasm. She never did find
>> > them. Not even when they moved.
>> >
>> > * Exported from MasterCook Mac *
>> >
>> > Peanut Blossoms
>> >
>> > Recipe By : posted to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller 12-9-05
>> > Serving Size : 48 Preparation Time :0:15
>> > Categories : Cookies
>> >
>> > Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>> > -------- ------------ --------------------------------
>> > 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
>> > 1 tsp. soda
>> > 1/2 tsp. salt
>> > 1/2 cup sugar
>> > 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
>> > 1/2 cup shortening
>> > 1/2 cup peanut butter
>> > 1 egg
>> > 2 Tbsp. milk
>> > 1 tsp. vanilla extract
>> > 48 milk chocolate candy kisses (Hersheyıs --
>> > donıt use other cheap crap like Brach's stars)
>> >
>> > Combine all ingredients except candy in large mixer bowl. Mix on
>> > lowest speed of mixer until dough forms. Shape dough into balls,
>> > using a rounded teaspoonful for each. Roll balls in sugar; place on
>> > ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Top each
>> > cookie immediately with a candy kiss; press down firmly so cookie
>> > cracks around edge. Yield: 4 dozen cookies.

>> Mmmm... These sound good. Gawd luv ya', you know my weakness for
>> Hershey's
>> kisses. I've never used Brach's candy. Actually I don't think I've ever
>> tasted it. Is it really inferior?
>>
>> Michael

> For these, it's "cheap." I like Brach's' Bridge Mix but these PB
> cookies deserve a real kiss. There's something about the stars -- i
> think it's because they're not wrapped and they bump against each other
> and get kind of a shopworn look to them.
> Margaret doesn't consider either of them to be real chocolate, and
> certainly not edible. Little do SHE know!
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-8-05, My Farfel-less
> Farfel with Mushrooms. Jeez!

I made these last weekend and tried the mini Kisses on them. I always found
it awkward to try and get two bites on the cookie with the big kiss. Any
how the mini Kisses don't seem to stick to the cookie as well as the large
Kisses. Boy they do look impressive with the big Kiss on them.

I did experiment this year with 2 different Peanut Butter Blossom recipes.
The one I have I got in the 1980's and it's always been good. BUT I saw the
above recipe on the Mini Kiss bag and thought well maybe the recipe had been
improved. So, I made a batch of them too. The new recipe didn't seem as
good when I did taste testing with friends and my kids. Don't get me wrong
we're not throwing them out they are good, but they didn't taste as Peanut
Buttery as my first recipe.

Lynne