Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.

Default Hiding Places was: Those freaking seasoned almonds

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 17:25:10 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>

>>LOL!! Niece Sandy once lost a tin of Peanut Blossoms she'd hidden to
>>keep them safe from her husband's enthusiasm. She never did find them.
>>Not even when they moved.

> Mom took a purse and a transistor radio (shoo-hoo!) away from me when
> I was in elementary school. Never showed up, even when we gutted the
> house 30+ years later, after Dad passed.
>
> While cleaning out Dad's basement, my ex-sister finally found the
> sterling flatware that she'd been coveting. Dad had hidden it for
> safekeeping. In a cat litter bag. Full of used cat litter. I'm glad
> she's eating with that stuff and I'm not!
>
> Carol

My Mom hid the silver in a trashbag between the washer and
dryer--in the basement that got flooded with backed up sewage.

My demented dad apparently had quite a bit of money, and he
hid it so well, we never found it. Maybe the folks who moved
into the house did when they renovated....

--
Jean B.