Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

Default Those freaking seasoned almonds - recipes for same

In article .com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > WHERE IN SAM HELL DID I PUT THEM? I have two jars, made for gifts and
> > hidden from Himself and I CANNOT FIND THOSE SUCKERS! I could just spit!
> > JAY-zuzz!!
> >
> > Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

> Ooh,ooh,ooh - recipe?
>
> -L.

Oriental Almonds
1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine_
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce_
1 teaspoon salt_
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
Dash of hot pepper sauce_
1 (10 ounce) package Blue Diamond
Blanched Whole Almonds (2 cups) (mine were unblanched)

Melt butter in 2-quart baking dish in a 300 degrees F oven. Stir in
Worcestershire sauce, salt, cinnamon, chili powder and hot pepper sauce.
Add almonds; stir until completely coated. Bake, stirring occasionally,
15 minutes or until almonds are crisp.

These are ok, nothing more.

These were good:

Savory Cocktail Almonds

Posted by CookinMom at recipegoldmine.com April 27, 2001

1/2 cup whole almonds (with or without skins)
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning (or use 1/4 teaspoon each of salt,
celery salt and onion salt)
1/8 teaspoon each of thyme, marjoram and savory_
1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes

Combine almonds and butter in saucepan or skillet; sauté over low heat
for about 5 minutes or until roasted, stirring often. Lift nuts with
fork or slotted spoon and drop into bowl that has one of the seasonings
mixtures; toss well.

If you want almonds that are more crisp turn seasoned almonds onto
cookie sheet and place in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
Cool - store in closed jar to keep fresh.

These are Sandy's:

Sandy's Spicy Sugared Nuts
(Niece Sandy makes these for Uncle Rob every Christmas. Niece Sandy
rules!)

2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup whole almonds

Mix all ingredients in 8" skillet over low heat, stirring constantly
until sugar is melted and nuts are coated, about 20 minutes or more.
Remove from pan and cool on wax paper break apart and store at room temp.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-8-05, My Farfel-less
Farfel with Mushrooms. Jeez!