Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson

Default Those freaking seasoned almonds

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> WHERE IN SAM HELL DID I PUT THEM? I have two jars, made for gifts and
> hidden from Himself and I CANNOT FIND THOSE SUCKERS! I could just spit!
> JAY-zuzz!!

If it were something small, I would suggest it's under
a magazine or something else that was recently moved
into the house or living quarters.

Because they're jars and you meant to hide them, a
different strategy must be used. You put them
someplace you don't normally put things.

This reminds me of an incident a few years ago
when some friends were about to leave, but the
husband couldn't find his car keys. I distinctly
said "Did you check all your pockets?" and he said
yes, but later it turned out the keys were in his
back pocket. I asked him why he said he checked
his pockets when he didn't check his back pockets,
and he said he doesn't normally put his keys
in his back pockets. His wife and I cracked up
over that one.

Some weeks later, the same thing happened, except
this time I said "Did you check the pockets you
don't check when you check your pockets?". He
checked his back pockets, and found 'em. His wife
and I cracked up even more over that one.