Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

Default Dreamfields pasta

I tried some of this tonight and it didn't raise my BG. That's a good thing.
Made a low-carb marinara and put some browned (drained) ground beef in with
it.
About a tablespoon of Parmesan on top. Small glass of red wine rounded out
the meal.

So here's the question:
The front of the pasta package says only 5g of "digestible carbs" per
serving.
But the nutrition analysis says 42g total carbs and 2g fiber making net
carbs 40g.

So, WTF is a "digestible carb" and what happens to the other 35
"indigestible carbs" ?
Or, more importantly, what are the "indigestible carbs" made of ?

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh