Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter Huebner

Default Smokers

In article >,
says...
wrote:

> >Is there a NG for the art of smoking?

> As others have noted, alt.food.barbecue is the place on Usenet. On
> the web, I have found lots of good smoking tips at

http://www.barbecuen.com/

I'd be interested to learn more. We are pretty crazy about smoked meats in this
household, alas, all I have is a hot smoker that I use to prepare fish from
time to time. I'd love to have a cold_smokehouse, but it seems to be way over
the top for just us.

Incidentally, does anybody have a receipe for Kassler, the pickling and smoking
of? Most German butchers will NOT be drawn on that secret.

-Peter