Posted to rec.food.historic
Kate Dicey

Default Biscuit

PlaidPooka wrote:[color=blue]
> Charles Gifford Wrote:
>
>>"Bob (this one)" wrote
>>

>>I'm just speculating idly here, so feel free to cut my hawsers. The
>>OED
>>won't be of much help here I think. An American food with a borrowed
>>name
>>not in use in America. Why? Dunno really. It works though. Unlike the
>>American use of pants when they mean trousers.
>>
>>Charlie

> How do you know we mean trousers? For all you know, we're all running
> about in our shreddies...

Oh no! Akk! Run away! Shreddies are those long thermal undies that
RAF aircrew wear under their immersion suits and G suits, to keep them
warm when they fall out of their aircraft into the North Sea - so called
because of the knits resemblance to a certain famous breakfast cereal.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!