Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

Default QUESTION: Quince paste?

Jude wrote about quince paste:

> overall, we didn't see it as anything exciting or worth buying again.
> Anyone have any great ways they have used quince spread that we should try
> with the other half of the tub? Something that might wow me a little?

It's classically paired with Manchego cheese as a tapa. The main complaint
I've had against commercial quince pastes is that when they're canned they
take on a "tinny" flavor. But it's not difficult to make the paste from
fresh quinces, and sometimes I can find quince paste which hasn't been
stored in metal.

Bob