Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
bobdrob

Default Carboy Wine Level Indicator

You can try weighing your empty carboy, mark its weight on it or a tag.
Figure that a gallon weighs roughly 8 lbs. If you wanna be more specific,
weigh out a volume of yer must/vino/whatever & do a little math... you can
get a reasonable conversion factor & a reasonable idea of wt/volume. a
little math along with a digital bathroom scale gives us a reasonable
working number. Hope this helps.