Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ranee Mueller

Default ALMONDS - to skin or not to skin (that is the question)

In article >,
Puester > wrote:

> It's not that much work. Dump them in a pot of boiling water for a few
> minutes until the skin comes off of one easily. Drain, place in cold
> water to stop the cooking. Drain well, pinch to slip the skins off.

This was my job as a kid. It takes a _LOT_ of almonds to make
baqlawa. It is so worth it to pay the extra dollar or two a pound to
buy them skinned already.

Regards,
Ranee (who remembers how her fingers would get rubbed raw from all
that pinching)

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/