Posted to rec.food.baking
.

Default Baking books

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Hilbert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I love baking, do a lot of it, mostly mostly from epicurious.com.
> I baked our wedding cake recently, which came out awesome- a lemon
> respberry pound cake.
>
> I never had baking education, and now would like to learn a bit more
> about techniques, combining tastes etc.. For example why do I need to
> freeze the flower when preparing a pie crust? Why does chocolate and
> wasabi taste good together?
>
> Could youplease suggest some in-depth baking/cooking books?

Do you have any cooking schools near you? I live in a large city with many
culinary institutes. I go to them and see what textbooks they require and
recommend for classes. These tend to be good because they don't teach you
how to make X, they teach why a recipe is successful in making X and how
you can alter the recipe. It sounds like you are looking for WHY things
are the way they are rather than just the HOW do bake things.

If you are looking for specific answers, go to www.google.ca and search
the them.