Posted to rec.food.cooking
Spitzmaus

Default ALMONDS - to skin or not to skin (that is the question)

Helen of Joy wrote:

> There are MANY recipes that called for skinned (or blanched) almonds...
> and this recipe specifies that they be skinned. So I was just
> wondering what would happen if I didn't!

Nothing will "happen" if you leave those almonds as is, Helen; in fact,
you'll probably end up with a tastier dish. Not to mention the extra fiber!

Unless you're really going for a pale presentation, don't bother to
peel/skin the nuts. I've used nothing but whole natural almonds for years.

Spitz
--
"Home, James, and don't spare the horses!"