Posted to rec.food.preserving
Kathi Jones

Default pomEgranates - again!

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Kathi Jones" > wrote:
>
> > Jelly is done! I used 3 1/2 cups juice, 1 box Certo powder, 5 cups

sugar -
> > just like Barb's recipe in the other thread (and just like strawberry

jelly
> > recipe in the Certo package). Is this stuff ever nice! Six beautiful

dark
> > red jars! Will do again if I ever see poms at a reduced price.

> > Kathi

> Woo-hoo! Good on you, Woman!
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-19-05 - Shiksa Varnishkes.

thanks Barb. It's very tasty stuff. I didn't have enuff fresh juice left
for a second batch, so I made up the difference with a store bought pom
juice blend. Then I used Certo Light 'cause that's all I had. 4 1/2 cups
juice, 3 1/4 cups sugar, 1 box Certo Light. Also very tasty but not as
clear.

I'm done preserving/jamming/pickling for the year. It's now time to label,
tie ribbons on, wrap and package. Every year I try to make 1 thing new.
This year - thanks to all my friends here, I made 4 new things - Apricot
Pineapple Jam and Pomegranate Jelly. I also make Zucchini Pickles and
Zucchini Relish, something else I've never made before, but kinda had to
because of what came out of my garden! If they turn out to please the crowd
of recipients, they may turn in to annual projects.

I love doing this - and they love getting it!

Kathi