Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Andie Z

Default Peach Wine Help

Give peach wine a lot of time. Don't add flavor. If the wine is a little
sweet it will taste great after a year and a half. We made 30 gallons of
peach wine five years ago. It tasted awful for the first year. It is GREAT
now. it's almost gone and we want to make another batch in the next year or
so.

"John Fouts" > wrote in message
> I am currently making a 5-6 gallon batch of Peach Wine. I racked it for

the
> first time yesterday (3 weeks or so after being moved from the primary

into
> the carboy). The wine looks fine, it is starting to clear, more sediment

is
> dropping out, and all is well there -- BUT -- I am very concerned about

the
> flavor of this wine. I can hardly smell any peach aromas coming from the
> wine. I have heard that Peach wine does not retain flavor well through

the
> fermentation process. Is this true? If this is the case, is there

anything
> that I can do at this point in time in the process to boost the flavor?

Any