Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Alan S

Default Low Cal Diet Soup

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:29:17 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>I understand and appoligize for the error. I should have looked up the
>group's charter, if I only knew how to do that.
>I'll just go away and leave you to your discussions. I can find answers to
>my DM questions elsewhere.

Hi Pete, if you're still reading.

First, I've been known to post the occasional recipe. I do
try to post on a.f.d for that mostly, but I've never taken a
hard view on it when it's appropriate.

However, I've seen some groups where they have degenerated
to cut-and-paste recipe forums and the diabetes message
disappears. So I know where Jude was coming from when he put
that into the charter.

I think a little common sense has to apply here. If someone
posts "what should I eat for breakfast" or "can I eat pasta"
or "I hate not being able to eat muffins any more" it's not,
in my opinion, wrong to add an occasional recipe in the
subsequent answers. I'm not alone in having done that.

Where it can become a problem is when it becomes a
succession of recipes. That's what a.f.d. is for.

I tend to reserve the power of the Charter for spammers and
commercial posters. But that's just my opinion.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.