Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
RK

Default Low Cal Diet Soup

>> alt.food.diabetic

pfft someone else who can't read.

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message

| -= Exported from BigOven =-
|
| LoCal "Zero Points" Diet Soup
|
| Low in calories and fat, high in fiber and flavor; this dish is great when
| you are dieting. It can be served hot as a soup or cold like gazpacho.
|
| Recipe By: Pete Romfh
| Serving Size: 10
| Cuisine: American
| Main Ingredient: Tomato Juice
| Categories: Brunch, Snacks, Soup, Simple - Easy, No Cook, Low Fat, Low
Carb,
| Vegetarian, Atkins-Friendly, Diabetic
|
| -= Ingredients =-
| 48 ounces Vegetable juice cocktail ; Like V8, 1 large can
| 1/2 head Cabbage, green ; coarse chopped
| 4 cups Celery ; coarse chopped
| 1/4 cup Lemon juice ; - to taste
| 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce ; - to taste
| 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce ; - to taste
| 1 cup Broccoli ; - stems are fine
| 1/2 cup Onion ; -chopped
|
| -= Instructions =-
| This is a basic guide. You might think of this as "clean the vegetable
tray"
| soup. It's a "Musgovian" dish. You look in the fridge and say, "This
must
| go and that must go". =
|
| Cut up the vegetables and buzz them in the food processor until they are
| fairly fine. Gradually blend in the vegetable juice cocktail (I usually
buy
| the "house brand") and seasonings. Taste as you go along until you get a
| nice tangy-spicy flavor.
|
| Remember that cold foods don't taste as strong as when they are warm so
you
| may want to "under shoot" on seasonings at first. You can always add more
| later.
|
| This will make about 1/2 gallon (64 oz) of "soup". Store it in the
| refrigerator or freeze it in 6 oz containers to be thawed out later. This
| can be served hot as soup, or cold as a gazpacho.
|
| If you are watching salt intake use the "low sodium version of vegetable
| juice. You can also use canned tomatoes rather than the mixed vegetable
| juice. The mixed juice has a fair amount of carrots and beets in it which
| are higher in carbs that many other vegetables.
|
| Each (6 oz) serving contains: Cals: 56, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 13g, Fiber: 3g,
| Protein: 3g
|

| ** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. BigOven.com
ID=
| 159866 **
| ** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **
|

| --
| Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
| http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
| promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
BessieBee

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:50:21 GMT, "RK" > wrote:

>>> alt.food.diabetic

>pfft someone else who can't read.

Reisa, Have you **ever** considered that someone might just be trying
to be helpful? Do you think that maybe, just once, you could just
say, "Thank you" instead of being so negative?

These recipes look good and I appreciate the time it took to post them
here. Like the first message said, the subject is preceded with: REC
so filter them out if you don't like them.

It takes far fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown.

BessieBee
(OF means I've been smoke free for one year+)
---
OF Damnit! :-)
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
RK

"BessieBee" > wrote in message

| >pfft someone else who can't read.
|
| Reisa, Have you **ever** considered that someone might just be trying
| to be helpful? Do you think that maybe, just once, you could just
| say, "Thank you" instead of being so negative?

It's called read the charter. I did prior to posting the first time. It's
called "netiquette".

It's not being negative, it's called being considerate to others by
following
the charter/guidelines for this newsgroup.

Guess you just don't care about others, you'd rather have crap here that
doesn't belong so we have MORE posts that don't belong here to wade
through.

And I say Thank you when it's warranted.. This wasn't.. nor is your post.

pfft!

| These recipes look good and I appreciate the time it took to post them
| here. Like the first message said, the subject is preceded with: REC
| so filter them out if you don't like them.
|
| It takes far fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown.
|
| BessieBee
| (OF means I've been smoke free for one year+)
| ---
| OF Damnit! :-)

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
RK

Oh here btw... part of the Charter... seems YOU haven't
read it either..

From Jude Crouch.. founder of ASD

"...This newsgroup is for the emotional support of persons with
diabetes mellitus, their families and loved ones. Specifically,
this group is not intended to duplicate the information in
misc.health.diabetes, and not intended to dispense advice about
the disease. Nor is this group intended to duplicate the group
_ALT.FOOD.DIABETIC_ which discusses recipes for the sufferers of
diabetes. This why I have in the past asked that you refrain from posting
recipes "

"BessieBee" > wrote in message

| >pfft someone else who can't read.
|
| Reisa, Have you **ever** considered that someone might just be trying
| to be helpful? Do you think that maybe, just once, you could just
| say, "Thank you" instead of being so negative?
|
| These recipes look good and I appreciate the time it took to post them
| here. Like the first message said, the subject is preceded with: REC
| so filter them out if you don't like them.
|
| It takes far fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown.
|
| BessieBee
| (OF means I've been smoke free for one year+)
| ---
| OF Damnit! :-)

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"RK" > wrote in message

> It's called read the charter. I did prior to posting the first time.

It's
> called "netiquette".
>
> It's not being negative, it's called being considerate to others by
> following
> the charter/guidelines for this newsgroup.

Dang! What is with all these people telling us what to do all of a sudden?
I think they are taking over the newsgroup. I fear replying to anything any
more because someone newer than me will come along and tell me I'm wrong!

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

I liked the recipe. I never read the charter. Since it's for SUPPORT,
I would consider almost any subject as apropriate ESPECIALLY if it's
clearly marked with SUBJECT and OT.
Please go after the stupid anit-aspertame people, the anti-iron people,
the rant and rave people, the religious and political nuts (well......a
few good political arguments are good for the digestion! - personal
opinion!)

A nice, tasty, well-meaning recipe is a pleasant change.

Sometimes this disease is depressing. Sometimes a bit of good food is
helpful. I fell off the wagon last week and hit 170 with a totally
inappropriate meal that included pumpkin soup. Pete's soup would have
been much better.

Nan, Type 2 since 1990 or so.........

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
RK

I understand Nan.. but if one starts and is allowed then others will follow
and it's just too hard to get folks to stop. Take Chung-dung for instance.
Read the Charter, it clearly states NOT to post recipes in ASD, that is what
alt.food.diabetic is.

Sorry if I'm ****y, but i'm going to need some major support here myself to
help my daughter and the last damn thing I want is to shuffle through
recipes.

Use my filter? I shouldn't have to... I don't post what I'm not suppose to,
others can't be as considerate? If you want recipes, subscribe to
alt.food.diabetic... I do.

And sorry you fell off the wagon.. I only WISH I could bitch that a 170 is
my highest all last week. But instead, mine was a 519. My fasting today
was a 317, and after 15u of insulin I finally got it down to a 180 after
3hrs by the time I got to the doctors, just so she wouldn't yell at me for
being so high... who cares if I'd just had 4 cortizone shots in my lower
back.

Reisa.

> wrote in message
ups.com...
|I liked the recipe. I never read the charter. Since it's for SUPPORT,
| I would consider almost any subject as apropriate ESPECIALLY if it's
| clearly marked with SUBJECT and OT.
| Please go after the stupid anit-aspertame people, the anti-iron people,
| the rant and rave people, the religious and political nuts (well......a
| few good political arguments are good for the digestion! - personal
| opinion!)
|
| A nice, tasty, well-meaning recipe is a pleasant change.
|
| Sometimes this disease is depressing. Sometimes a bit of good food is
| helpful. I fell off the wagon last week and hit 170 with a totally
| inappropriate meal that included pumpkin soup. Pete's soup would have
| been much better.
|
| Nan, Type 2 since 1990 or so.........

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
RK

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

| "RK" > wrote in message
|
| > It's called read the charter. I did prior to posting the first time.
| It's
| > called "netiquette".
| >
| > It's not being negative, it's called being considerate to others by
| > following
| > the charter/guidelines for this newsgroup.
|
| Dang! What is with all these people telling us what to do all of a
sudden?
| I think they are taking over the newsgroup. I fear replying to anything
any
| more because someone newer than me will come along and tell me I'm wrong!
|
| --
| See my webpage:
| http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

LOL I know the feeling well these days.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

RK wrote:
> I understand Nan.. but if one starts and is allowed then
> others will follow and it's just too hard to get folks to
> stop. Take Chung-dung for instance. Read the Charter, it
> clearly states NOT to post recipes in ASD, that is what
> alt.food.diabetic is.
>
> Sorry if I'm ****y, but i'm going to need some major
> support here myself to help my daughter and the last damn
> thing I want is to shuffle through recipes.
>
> Use my filter? I shouldn't have to... I don't post what
> I'm not suppose to, others can't be as considerate? If
> you want recipes, subscribe to alt.food.diabetic... I do.
>
> And sorry you fell off the wagon.. I only WISH I could
> bitch that a 170 is my highest all last week. But
> instead, mine was a 519. My fasting today was a 317, and
> after 15u of insulin I finally got it down to a 180 after
> 3hrs by the time I got to the doctors, just so she
> wouldn't yell at me for being so high... who cares if I'd
> just had 4 cortizone shots in my lower back.
>
> Reisa.

I understand and appoligize for the error. I should have looked up the
group's charter, if I only knew how to do that.
I'll just go away and leave you to your discussions. I can find answers to
my DM questions elsewhere.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Thomas Muffaletto

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
> I understand and appoligize for the error. I should have looked up the
> group's charter, if I only knew how to do that.
> I'll just go away and leave you to your discussions. I can find answers
> my DM questions elsewhere.
>

> --
> Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.

the sad thing is that there have been plenty of recipes posted here.
however you just used the word low fat too often.
it never had any trouble with the low carb recipes posted here that didn't
mention
the word low fat. sounds to messed up to be true don't it.

--
Tom
Exercise Today = Life Tomorrow

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Thomas Muffaletto

want to laugh? go to Google and search this group for the word recipe.
I found 2,310 posts. they will say not all are about recipes so don't take
their word for it
check it out yourself.
or just press this link
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2005&safe=off

this may not be the great place you think it is Pete.
may I suggest you remove some of the carbs and add a bit of fat
to your recipes and they will welcome you.

--

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
> I understand and appoligize for the error. I should have looked up the
> group's charter, if I only knew how to do that.
> I'll just go away and leave you to your discussions. I can find answers
> my DM questions elsewhere.
>

> --
> Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
> http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
> promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Alan S

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:29:17 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>I understand and appoligize for the error. I should have looked up the
>group's charter, if I only knew how to do that.
>I'll just go away and leave you to your discussions. I can find answers to
>my DM questions elsewhere.

Hi Pete, if you're still reading.

First, I've been known to post the occasional recipe. I do
try to post on a.f.d for that mostly, but I've never taken a
hard view on it when it's appropriate.

However, I've seen some groups where they have degenerated
to cut-and-paste recipe forums and the diabetes message
disappears. So I know where Jude was coming from when he put
that into the charter.

I think a little common sense has to apply here. If someone
posts "what should I eat for breakfast" or "can I eat pasta"
or "I hate not being able to eat muffins any more" it's not,
in my opinion, wrong to add an occasional recipe in the
subsequent answers. I'm not alone in having done that.

Where it can become a problem is when it becomes a
succession of recipes. That's what a.f.d. is for.

I tend to reserve the power of the Charter for spammers and
commercial posters. But that's just my opinion.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
RK

wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't comment,
if WE didn't like it we can FILTER him OUT.