Posted to alt.food.wine
Timothy Hartley

Default Cabernet franc

In message >
Mike Tommasi > wrote:

> Jose wrote:
>> What do you folks think of Cabernet Franc, as a varietal for drinking
>> rather than blending? What do you like to eat with it? It's kind of
>> hard to find, but I like it when I do.

> You are most likely to find CF in its pure state in the Veneto region of
> Italy, where it may be just labelled Cabernet. Rarely hits high peaks,
> but this has nothing to do with the grape variety itself. Otherwise it
> would not be blended into some of the world's best wines ;-)
>
> You will find the highest % of CF in St Emilion.

Or perhaps more accurately, in my view,the best use of it, but never
as a single varietal without blending, which was what Jose was asking
about. Did Homer nod?? Bouchet is, again in my opinion, best used
when blended in Saint-Emilion with Merlot and a little Cabernet
Sauvignon and/or perhaps Côt. Fortunately we all like differnt things
and thr earethos who tell me the CF when use don its own on the Loire
is wonderful. the fact that I have yet to be persuaded is neither here
nor there - and it halp[s to keep the price of the things I like less
unreasonable if there are fewer people clamouring for them and
preferring others - vive la difference et le choix!

Timothy Hartley