Posted to alt.food.vegan
C. James Strutz

Default Sauerkraut

"Taemon" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got sauerkraut in my vegetable subscription this week. I don't really
> like sauerkraut, except with loads of cheese and we don't want to do that,
> do we precious? So - how do you prepare sauerkraut?

I like sauerkraut with pierogies. Just heat 'em up together in a pan and
you're ready to go. A little homemade apple sauce on the side is great.

We have a lot of ethnic churches here in western PA that sell pierogies to
raise money. Literally, little old Polish and Ukranian ladies make them in
the basement of the church. Quality varies widely however. Pierogies from
one nearby church come slathered in lots of butter - yuk. Actually, Mrs. T's
pierogies that you buy frozen in the supermarket aren't too bad.